Discussion topic for October meeting

Discuss what happened at the meeting.
Mark.McArthur

Discussion topic for October meeting

Postby Mark.McArthur » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:25 pm

Hello all,

I hope everyone is well and enjoying the wonderful October weather - I sure am :-)

At September's meeting I brought up the idea of AACVW club selecting a non-profit charity to support. It was decided that supporting a recognized non-profit charity was a good idea. Since it was something I brought up, Eddie asked that I begin a discussion to collect suggestions of charities our club may consider supporting.

Abused Women Aid In Crisis (AWAIC) was suggested. AWAIC would be a great choice as (1) it is local and (2) 100% of the money goes to supporting it's mission statement which is, "Domestic violence safe shelter and intervention."

All suggestions are welcomed and will be discussed at the October meeting. If possible, when nominating a charity please find the percentage of donations that directly support the charity's mission.

That's all for now.

Warmest regards and happy Vee-Dubing to all!

Mark
'70 Westfalia Camper
'78 Convertible Super Beetle

MagicEddie

Re: Discussion topic for October meeting

Postby MagicEddie » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:25 am

Mark awesome, this is an open passing along the one suggestion I got from Carlo.

"At the meeting I had also suggested to donate to the AWAIC shelter for community involvement."
-Carlo
"...Aircooled by summer, froze by winter..."
1969 Vw Westy
1957 Ragtop Beetle (complete restoration)
President AACVW's up to 2015, "Magic Eddie"
907.952.1147 call, or text.

Mark.McArthur

Re: Discussion topic for October meeting

Postby Mark.McArthur » Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:05 pm

Hello again all,

I had lunch at Crossbar this afternoon and bumped into the owner, Kenny. I noticed that each month they do a 'Crossbar Citizens Keg' and donate the profits to a local charity.

I mentioned AACVW Club was in the process of selecting a charity to support and asked if he had any thoughts. Of the 4 or 5 charities Kenny mentioned a couple stood out, so I thought I'd post them here for discussion at the October meeting.

Challenge Alaska is a local non-profit that helps physically and mentally handicapped folks get out doors and enjoy our great state. Here is a link to their website: http://www.challengealaska.org/

Another local charity Kenny mentioned was STAR, Standing Together Against Rape. This charity seems very similar to AWAIC, here is a link to their website: http://www.staralaska.com/

If you would like to visit AWAIC's website and learn more about what they do, here is a link: http://www.awaic.org/

That's the news for now.

Best to all,

Mark
'70 Westfalia Camper
'78 Convertible Super Beetle

Return to “Past Meetings”