2008 Christmas Party

Discuss what happened at the meeting.
paul

2008 Christmas Party

Postby paul » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:21 pm

Tonight the Club had it annual Christmas Party which as usual was a fun and laughter filled event.

The gift exchange was a riot, with a "lighted bench grinder" being stolen multiple times from various folks. Almost all gifts were exchanged at least once .

We had a nice selection of door prizes, and true to form, each year someone always wins multiple gifts. Last year it was Andrew, this year Ted stole the show! But truth be known, Ted did buy many extra door prize tickets in order to win prizes. I do not think anyone went home without winning at least one door prize. This years prizes included two 140 pc Tool Kits, 2 Digital Camera's , 18v Cordless drill, Padded roll around stool, multiple voltmeters, wrench sets, peg board kit, and the list went on and on.

I would like to Thank Shucks on both Old Seward and Northern Lights stores, whose managers not only gave us the lowest advertised prices, but then knocked off an additional percentage. This is the 3rd year they have done that and they deserve our club patronage and Thanks.

Morrison Auto provided us with some very nice door prizes and they too deserve our Thanks. They have been very supportive over the years and we as a club are grateful. Maybe they will find a couple of calendars on their doorstep soon .

Which brings me to the calendars. We sold 28 this evening and I expect that those who could not make it will want some as well. Just drop me PM or email and I will be happy to get you one.

We had our annual club elections tonight and we now have a new line up of officers. I would like to offer my Thanks to everyone for this past year and it has been a pleasure to serve you as President in 2008. I had a good time.

The torch has been passed to Greg Wilkenson as club President, which seems fitting as he has been involved since the beginning!

Jim is our new Vice President and John has taken over the financial end as Treasurer. I will move to Club Secretary for the immediate future.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a Happy, Safe New Year!

Paul

Return to “Past Meetings”