Selling my 78 Westy. $5500

Sell your Bus (Transporter, Single & Double cab, Split or Bay) here.
jed_williams

Selling my 78 Westy. $5500

Postby jed_williams » Tue May 17, 2016 5:34 pm

We are selling our baby. I'm the 5th owner and we have had it for about 15 years. Despite all the great camping trips around the state, I am just getting too old to pop the top and climb into the top bunk anymore, so we are upgrading to a bigger van with a few more amenities. It's in reasonably good mechanical condition, but the body does have some dents and rust. I place much more value in not breaking down on the road than being stuck in the middle of nowhere with a pretty bus. It starts and runs very well. We reupholstered the front seats a couple years ago so they are in great shape. The rest of the cushions/beds etc are also in good shape, but a bit sun faded. This is a classic that is ready to use right away. There are two batteries - one for starting and one for the house. It has a sink with a water tank and an electric water pump, Dining table, propane 2 burner stove, fridge, propane aftermarket heater (great for Alaska!). I bought some replacement sheetmetal parts and took a stab at repairing some of the body, but it's not my thing. I also have some miscellaneous parts and VW manuals I've collected over the years. Everything goes with it. It has about 155,000 miles total, but most of it has been gone through and is in good shape. It was pretty much gone through mechanically and everything repaired at 125,000 miles. The VW factory rebuilt engine only has 30,000 on it. This has been a fantastic camper for Alaskan summer adventures. If you promise to treat her well, she can be yours. Set up an appointment to come check it out, nineOseven, 3twotwo, 8Oseven6 (cell). You won't be disappointed with this one.

jed_williams

Re: Selling my 78 Westy. $5500

Postby jed_williams » Fri May 20, 2016 8:18 am

SOLD!

Return to “For Sale: Type II”